Hello Terry Bronan here! I just wanted to say sorry for the delay of this fourth part of "The Story That Has To Be Told". I have glad news however, from now on I will try and get one part out everyday for your enjoyment.
If you have not read part 1, 2 or 3 you can check them out on the following links:
I hope you like part 4 and feel free to leave comments and tell me what you think.
The Story That Has To Be Told Part 4
“I have to make sure you are both up to this boys, so I will give
you both a small simple test.” Hacklams words were among the first
we both heard that morning. Our eyes were red after a tireless night.
I had gone out of bed that morning with both excitement, as well as
worry in my body. On the way to Mr.Hacklams place, me and Sammy had
tried to figure out what he wanted with us to no avail. “We are
ready for anything sir!” I spoke with more confidence in my voice
than last night. My brain had digested the impressions of seeing
Jack's fucked up body, and this was the first time I was truly
excited over the whole situation since I stabbed him. Sammy on the
other hand, mostly went because of me like he had always done. He
probably had much more morals in his body, but I still managed to
talk him into the whole situation.
“Oh really, Tom my
boy. Ready for anything?” Hacklam walked over to me, while staring
into my eyes. His gaze felt somewhat evil, and when he put his hand
on my shoulder I started to tremble.
“I cannot wait to
see you coming back triumphant from your task then, I must admit
however, I am a bit sceptical about your chances of succeeding
boys.” After finishing his sentence he let go of my shoulder,
turned his back against us while starting to flip through the pages
of an old book. “Sir, tell us what to do so we can get on with it”
Sammy had grown impatient, simply wanting to get to the point.
“Kill your
parents.”, his words struck us like a bolt of lightning. “W...What
did you say!?”, our voices echoed between the store walls. Hacklam
turned around, clapping his hands together while continuing: “Go
home, kill your parents, and make sure the job is done well enough so
no one will suspect you.” Me and Sammy looked at each other. This
was a preposterous thing to ask out of two boys, that had not even
finished their sophomore years. “If you are resourceful enough to
pull it off, then I will take you under my wing, refine your methods,
and make you the greatest assassins in the world. Of course, if you
fail I will have to kill you boys.” He said all this with a wide,
creepy smile on his face. “H..how?”, was all that Sammy could
muster to ask at this point, and no one could blame him. How could
two boys in our age get away with something like this? “Just do it
as well as you can. Oh and you cannot cooperate, you shall both kill
your own parents by yourselves.”
With those words
Mr.Hacklam shoved us out of his store, sending us on our way. My
twisted young brain had already started to hatch a plausible plan of
action. “Your in luck Sammy, you only got your mom left.” My face
would have made anyone sick to their stomach if they could have seen
it at that moment. “We are dead if we cannot do this, right?”,
you could already see the regret in his expression. Sammy felt
forced, while I felt enlightened, that was the big difference between
him, and me. “Yeah we are, let's do our best.”With those words I
left Sammy there on the paved road. On the way home I planned more
thoroughly than anyone would think possible for someone so young.
When the night had
fallen, I pretended to go to bed at the same time as mom. My dad sat
in the living room watching tv late as usual. After awhile I
silently rolled out of bed, sneaking out of my room. I got some
plastic gloves from the bathroom, and magically managed to keep quiet
going down the squeaky wooded staircase. Everything went well so far,
and my excitement rose even higher, so high that I suddenly tripped,
falling head first towards the floor. While managing to stop my fall,
I heard dad walking towards the kitchen with loud steps. What to do
now? If he caught me with the knife I would be busted! This was all
that went through my head at that time. I quickly hid inside the
half-empty cabinet we had in the kitchen. We rarely stored anything
in the cabinet, so it was a perfect fit for little me. I heard dad's
steps going back, and forth in the kitchen, and suddenly he put his
hand on the cabinet-handle. Before even I myself knew it, I pushed
the cabinet open pushing father back, while slashing towards his
throat with the knife. It was an instant hit, and he fell on his
knees with blood flowing out of his wound like a river. He could not
utter a word at this point, as the knife had cut his whole throat
open. Leaving him there to bleed out, I quickly went up to my parents
bedroom. Before my mother could even react, I sat on top of her
stabbing her repeatedly with the sharp kitchen knife. I fell of her
in exhaustion after the deed was done, sheets colored red, and all.
“I did it!”, was all I could think at that point. This would be
the key to me becoming an Assassin, starting a new life. With no
regrets, I went to bed, sleeping through the rest of the night.
To Be Continued...
To Be Continued...
No comments:
Post a Comment